Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's So Easy Being Green

Especially once I found my camera! Thanks to the Patient Co-Worker, naturally.



Ok, I'm starting to give up on my indifference to spring. I've had asparagus every day for the past week, so it's becoming pretty ridiculous trying to pretend that I'm ambivalent about the season and its offerings. Check around the food blog world and you'll find these bright green stalks everywhere, and rightly so.

In my book, asparagus is best on the grill, preferably with some kind of soy-ginger marinade. Since I'm am grill-less in the city, I resort to roasting. Scatter a handful of spears on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and coarse black pepper, then roast in a 425 degree oven for fifteen minutes or so -- perfection.

I like them plain or chopped into pasta with pecorino and olive oil. Last Saturday, I stepped things up a notch and wrapped each spear in a prosciutto pashmina. Instant classy finger food!

I'm not ready to embrace fava beans yet, but I'm getting there.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lis said…

    Yay you found your camera! What would you do without the patient co-worker? teehee!

    I've got a fridge full of asparagus that I plan on making this week.. I love them roasted so half will be served that way and the other half will be served with sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts as suggested by Ilva at Lucullian delights.. who knows where they'll end up in next week's dinners. I'm glad a lot of ppl are blogging about them so I can get new ideas =)

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger BNA said…

    Lis, I would be totally lost without the Patient Co-Worker -- no question!

    That sundried tomatoes and pine nuts recipe sounds like a wonderful way to get your asparagus groove on. I may have to follow your lead.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous sher said…

    Hang in there with the fava beans!!! I just picked some from my garden. I think the small ones that you don't have to peel are a little better. Beautiful pictures on your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home