Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Virtual Recipe Club -- Soups!

Alysha at the lovely blog The Savory Notebook has started a Virtual Recipe Club -- brilliant -- and this edition's theme is Soup. I love the idea of this event, so even though this week's going to be short on cooking (I twisted my ankle while snowboarding last weekend -- vicious ski lifts! -- and so I'm doing as little standing as possible so the darn thing will heal), I'm offering a recipe from a previous post.

(You think there are enough dashes, asides, and whatnot in the previous paragraph? Good grief.)

Tomato Soup with Pancetta is hearty and warming, and a thrifty way to make the most of that heel of bread lingering on the counter. Sometimes leftovers thicken a little too much, in which case I thin it out with a little marinara sauce before reheating. Add a grilled cheese sandwich and all will be right with the world.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous vanessa said…

    pancetta and tomatoes? count me in. hope your ankle heals quickly for more cooking adventures!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Ivonne said…

    What a great idea! And what a wonderful recipe .. thanks for sharing!!!

    I love pancetta with anything. I can only imagine how good it will be with tomato soup.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    hey Vanessa -- welcome back from SF! and thanks for the ankle wishes. it'll be fine (I'm saying this pointedly in its direction -- hope it's listening) soon.

    morning Ivonne! this soup is really one of the biggest favorites in our house, especially on chilly evenings.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Rorie said…

    Yum, yum, yum. I'd eat pancetta with just about anything! Your soup sounds wonderful!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Tania said…

    Mmm ... mascarpone and pancetta IN THE SAME DISH ... sounds divine, and oh so satisfying!

    Hope your ankle feels much, much better soon!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    Hi Rorie -- I of course agree...pancetta makes everything better!

    heya Tanya -- I know, right? what's not to like? thanks for the ankle wishes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home