Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Monday, February 27, 2006

And Here I Thought It Was a Figure of Speech

So I often describe great dislike or fervent opposition as a "violent magenta passion." To wit: "BNA hates raw tomatoes with a violent magenta passion." Etc., etc.

Until yesterday, I didn't realize that I was in fact capable of physically reproducing aforementioned passion, in all its torrid magentaness. See?

Isn't it amazing? Obviously, there are beets in there. They've been simmered in vegetable broth with fennel, Savoy cabbage, garlic, and ginger. Then pureed. Honestly, it's even more lurid in person -- it looks like cerise paint.

Oh, and by the by, it tastes AWFUL and I will not burden you with the recipe.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said…

    Oh, that IS scary.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    It's like some kind of nuclear sludge, isn't it?

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Devorit said…

    uh, you sure you didn't melt some of the neon crayons??

    Just asking.

    I shall cross this one off my list, then.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger BNA said…

    No crayons were harmed in the making of this purported soup. Might've improved the flavor.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    I am SO glad you said it tasted awful. But I love that figure of speech.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    Thanks Cyndi...and now I have an even more vivid mental image of the emotion!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home