Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Two for One

Nothing like a Friday afternoon counting down to a three-day weekend...and particularly this one, because I cannot wait for the weekend to actually get here! I'm jetting off to California for a fabulous weekend bachelorette party, so I'm getting pretty impatient here for the clock to hit five.

So in the meantime, I'll do some memeing! (Is that a verb?) Thanks to Kalyn and Jaay for tagging me for two more memes -- I'm a huge fan of the phenomenon. Let's see what we've got here.

Me in Fours

4 Jobs I've Had
1. lowly Blockbuster Video clerk. Ah, the joys of alphabetizing.
2. civil procedure teaching assistant.
3. LSAT instructor. Now that was a fun one.
4. resident advisor.

4 Movies I Watch Over and Over
1. The Princess Bride. Devorit and I even have the sound effects in the swordfighting scenes memorized.
2. The Shawshank Redemption.
3. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yep, I'm sneaking in three for one here. Shhh.
4. Pride and Prejudice -- the BBC version with Colin Firth. Best movie ever.

4 Places I've Lived
1. Los Angeles, CA.
2. New York, NY.
3. San Francisco, CA.
4. Cambridge, England.

4 Websites I Check Daily
1. Tomato Nation. I can't live without it.
2. Go Fug Yourself. The Patient Co-Worker and I discuss this all the time.
3. Television Without Pity. Best work distraction.
4. All your food blogs. Really. Now you understand why I never get anything done...

4 TV Shows I Love
1. CSI:, but only the original. Miami and New York are dead to me.
2. Law and Order, but again, original only. No Criminal Intent! No SVU!
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Don't mock it if you haven't seen it -- I mean, c'mon! There was a musical!
4. The Amazing Race. Except last season was dreadful.

4 of My Favorite Foods
1. Thin, charred-on-the-bottom NY pizza, covered in an absolute blizzard of crushed red pepper.
2. Salmon and avocado rolls with lots of wasabi.
3. Spaghetti carbonara.
4. Jalapeno artichoke dip with extra parmesan.

4 Albums I Can't Live Without
1. Violator by Depeche Mode.
2. Fumbling Towards Ecstasy by Sarah McLachlan.
3. Little Lights by Kate Rusby.
4. 1980-1990 by U2.

4 Places I'd Rather Be
1. York Minster, England.
2. Anywhere in Italy. Geez, I really need to get there.
3. Babbo.
4. Yosemite.

7 Meme

7 Things to Do Before I Die
1. Run a 5k (hey, realism is good).
2. Bake a souffle.
3. Figure out how to do accent marks in Blogger (see above).
4. Spend serious time in Italy and the south of France.
5. Finish that novel.
6. Cook at least three recipes out of all of my cookbooks.
7. Learn to do a backbend.

7 Things I Cannot Do
1. Fry an egg without breaking the yolk.
2. Make Nigella's brownie recipe and have it come out edible.
3. Let go of a grudge. Sad but true.
4. Eat a raw tomato. Or anything it's touched.
5. Go through a week without stubbing a toe.
6. Get over my fear of sharks.
7. Allow my shoes to become unorganized or, heaven forbid, my closet OUT OF RAINBOW ORDER.

7 Things That Attract Me to Blogging
1. The cool stuff I'd never find out about otherwise.
2. The thrill when someone posts a comment on PBPO.
3. The gentle pressure to actually post.
4. The writing practice.
5. It challenges me to cook new things and to push my limits.
6. Weekend Cat Blogging.
7. Memes!

7 Things I Say Most Often
1. Babe, could you put your clothes away?
2. Widget, GET DOWN FROM THERE.
3. Awwww, Max. What a good kitty.
4. Ohhhhhkay.
5. You have GOT to be kidding me.
6. Meh, I'm not a fan.
7. "Fewer," not "less."

7 Books I Love
1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
2. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
3. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
4. anything by Lois McMaster Bujold
5. anything by Elizabeth George
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
7. An Instance of the Fingerpost by...can't recall...Iain something?

7 Movies I Could Watch Over and Over
(see above)
5. Disney's Robin Hood
6. Raiders of the Lost Ark
7. Dangerous Beauty

People to Tag
I sorta dawdled, so at this point these memes have made the rounds...by all means, play if you'd like to!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Kalyn said…

    Hey, nice job. I like the idea of color coordinated closets too. It's an ideal that I aspire to.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Love your replies... think I'll take you up on the tag but it might be a couple of days :)

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Anonymous vanessa said…

    Glad I'm not the only one who dawdles. Being a procrastinator, I'm really behind on the memes. But they're still fun :)

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Rorie said…

    Love your lists -- especially the Go Fug Yourself mention! And I'm having the same trouble figuring out accent marks on Typepad! LSAT instructor, really? Wish I had known last fall & you could've helped me with those damn logic games!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous lisa--in a nutshell said…

    Totally with you on Shawshank, and I check Go Fug Yourself several times a week. Those ladies can WRITE! We have just discovered Buffy (late, I know) and are currently watching the second season DVDs.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    hey all! hope everyone had a great long weekend.

    I can't really help the color-coordinating thing, Kalyn...I started doing it when I was eleven and it's completely ingrained at this point. It's the only way I can find whatever shirt or whatnot I'm looking for.

    Hiya Michele...it's a fun meme to let percolate in your back brain, so take your time!

    Totally agree, Vanessa...the memes are always ready when we are, thank goodness.

    Ah, Rorie, the logic games. Both the easiest and the hardest section to teach. What's scary is how often I can compare something in my life to an LSAT logic game. "Dimples will eat blackberries but not blueberries..."

    howdy Lisa! isn't the writing on GFY astounding? and welcome to the Buffyverse...season 3 is definitely my favorite, so you have that to look forward to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home