Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Monday, January 30, 2006

I Think I Have a Problem

...I just called to make reservations at Otto for next week, when a friend of mine from high school is in town with his wife. I swear to you, I did not insist on Otto. In fact I sent him an email with five or six options, including such non-Mario restaurants as Tabla, Tamarind, and Barbuto.

He said Barbuto or Otto. Turns out, Barbuto's booked. What else was I supposed to do?

So I called the reservationist just now, and gave her the info, and after she asked for my name and contact information, I expected her to tell me how I need to call the day before to confirm the reservation. Instead, she said cheerfully, "Okay, I think you know the drill by now, right?"

Sigh. And you know what? She's right.

I have the number memorized.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Devorit said…

    Hee! They know you.

    I brought the postcard that recently arrived to work and he's up on the board behind my desk, beaming down at me. *wg*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home