Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

WCB 28

So I thought I'd be all industrious this morning and simmer up a batch of basic tomato sauce as part of Project Clean Out the Fridge Before Jetting Off to California for Week of Joyous Feasting and Frivolity (Project COFBJOCWJFF). But when I hauled out my trusty 6-qt saucepot, I was mightily puzzled. The rim was rather markedly dented. Enough that the lid will no longer fit.

Now, I just used that darn pot to make the meatballs, and the lid fit just fine then. And I was here when Dimples washed the pot that night and left it on the stovetop to dry, and I didn't hear any suspicious noises (bangs, crashes, "Oops").

There are four of us in this apartment...so I went to confront the other two.

Here's how I found Max. He won't even look me in the eye.



And here's how I found Widget. Tell me that's not a look of artful innocence.



They know we're heading west, they're not happy about it, and they've started taking their vengeance a little early.

Head on over to Clare's to see the other kitties, all of which I hope are better behaved than mine.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kalyn said…

    Sorry to hear about the pan. That would make me very upset. I'm quite attached to my cooking utensils and pans! Thanks for linking to me. I will add your blog when I update next.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said…

    naughty kitties!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Rorie said…

    Naughty, but adorable kitties!

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger BNA said…

    Thanks, Kalyn -- I made the Forbidden City chicken this weekend and was practically licking the plate. Delicious!

    Welcome, it's only fuel -- your kitties are absolutely adorable!

    Hi Rorie -- true, and they use their adorableness to get out of trouble. diabolic.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger darlamay said…

    lol cute

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous vanessa said…

    cute little felines there...
    rorie's right though, naughty but cute.
    my little bugger has always enjoyed starches (tortillas, bread, etc.) my roomie and i would joke that we didn't need to go to the park to feed the ducks because we had a furry one under our roof. granted, it went "meow" as opposed to "quack."

    i leave a loaf of bread on a the cutting board on the counter. you know, slice off a bit as you want it, and place the sliced side down. but lately, i've noticed little gnaw-marks on corners. mice? hardly. caught Dexter red-handed, er, pawed when he steathily leapt up to the counter (not allowed, but done anyway) and started helping himself to the whole wheat. so he's the one leaving crumbs in my bed. sheesh.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger e! said…

    I think it was Widget.

    BTW, thanks for your moral support regarding my gingerbread house a couple of weeks ago. I did make a point of rolling the slabs thicker, and it's pretty damn fabulous (if I might say so myself).

    http://ettacensored.blogspot.com/2005/12/genius-that-is-me.html

    Thanks again!

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    Hey Darla -- cute, but eeeevil!

    Hiya Vanessa -- a feline bread thief! now that's just awesome. well, not really awesome, because he's nibbling the bread and spreading the crumbs, but awesome to picture. cats are crazy.

    howdy e -- I think it was Widget too. He's definitely the leader of that particular pack. And your gingerbread house is adorable! Well done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home