Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Ahem!

I haven't confessed this before, but I may have a teeny-tiny, itty-bitty crush on Mario Batali. Hardly enough to speak of, honestly. Not much more than a mild admiration...he has a nice way with cardoons, okay?

And no, it was totally NOT appropriate for Dimples to ask our server at Otto last month if Mario would be in that night, and it was even LESS appropriate for him to jerk his chin at me and roll his eyes in a "chick crazy" way, and don't even get me started on the fight we had when he deleted -- DELETED! -- episodes of Molto Mario off the DVR. "Blah blah blah but you don't even like risotto blah." WHAT-ever.

But I am not a stalker. I swear.

But I am going to Otto again tonight!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger darlamay said…

    Hey BNA! I've tagged you for the You Are What You Eat Meme! Check out my posting if you're not familar with it. www.messycucina.com

    I'm really impressed with your blog! I'm totally going to try it's namesake dish as well!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    Thanks for stopping by, darlamay! That sounds like a great meme...and I really enjoy reading your blog as well.

    Peanut butter and purple onion sandwiches are a fixture in my family -- just be sure to slice the onion verrrry thin, translucent if possible, and toast the bread for the maximum crunch-to-creamy ratio. Let me know what you think!

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Anonymous vanessa said…

    Oh, I want to hear more abut Otto! And BNA, you aren't the only one with a thing for Mario. Yeah, Tyler's metrosexual hot. But Mario is *earthy*. Plus, I've always had a weakness for redheads, ha!

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    Howdy Vanessa! Love your site. I'll post about Otto soon...it's now hands-down my favorite restaurant in New York. And you are absolutely right about redheads.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home